Acharya Narendra Deo College, Shahpur Patory, Samastipur, a 54 years old prestigious institution in Bihar, named after a great educationist of India “Achraya Narendra Deo” was established in 1960 with a specific purpose to promote merit of rural youths, preserve and develop Maithili culture and language and open up new vistas in the field of Arts, Science & Commerce.
The mission of the institution strives to be to achieve and accomplish vision with selfless commitment and devotion. Imparting value based education may directly as well as indirectly ensure to make our society enlightened one. It strives for academic excellence and its diversifications to meet future adversaries and challenges. The institution attempts to nurture and develop alround development of personalities with best of communicative, creative, Positive and innovative skills.
Being a constituent College, it follows the vision of the University/Government. The mission of the college is to impart quality education, with a stress on inculcating moral and cultural values in addition to scientific temper in student, so that employability of students may be enhanced in changing global scenario. Avowed goal of the College can be enumerated as follows:
• To provide value based quality education to develop citizenship behavior in students.
• Provide updated knowledge in the subjects.
• To ensure access of higher education by all sections of society.
• To protect, preserve and promote the cultural values/heritage.
• To sensitize students towards social concerns like Human Rights, Right to Information, gender equality and also toward environmental issues.
The following points are stressed upon :
• to provide quality based education to all- especially the disadvantaged groups of the society.
• to provide equal opportunity to both the genders and to all communities.
• to develop skills in students for better employment prospects etc.
Our aim is to actively involve all sections of society apart from the college staff in achieving ours goals. We try to develop awareness among disadvantaged group through NSS Unit of the college. These objectives are communicated to the students, teachers and staff through
a. College Prospectus.
b. Organizing various programmes.
c. The Print Media and Electronic media.